Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

ok...not a helicopter Mom...but, I can spin cotton candy!

oh...and another thing I am working very hard on! 

So here are 4 ways to avoid becoming a helicopter parent:

    Teach your kids how to take personal responsibility for their choices.
    Let them experience the consequences of their choices.
    Help them understand that failure can be one of their greatest teachers.
    Let them know that they have what it takes to make their own decisions.

I would say I am about 45% a helicopter Mom.....but, I am changing!  Sophie and I have talked about it...and I am more of a cotton candy spinning Mom.  I make the world soft and sweet and magical...no harm happens in my world and if it does....I can spin it into something else.

I am a work in progress  :)

No comments: