Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

The six best things about being an adult

Today, I am joining up with Mama Kat's Writing Prompts.  I love this one today!




Mama’s Losin’ It
1.  You can eat ice cream for dinner and it's nobody's damn business.
When Hubby #1 & son #1 died...I lived on ice cream for months.  It's the only thing that would stay down...and when my doctor found out...he said at least add fruit and nuts.  Wow, I got prescribed a sundae!  Woot!  And I eat ice cream every night now.  And if I happen to buy a flavor that sounded good but is NOT good....well, I can throw it away....or, make the Hubby eat it.  He has become an ice cream martyr.


2.  You can buy what you want, when you want....
As long as you can carefully suggest to your husband that you DO need it and and you can figure out how to write it off on your taxes....Starbuck's is really only for adults most of the time!

3. You can wash one pair pants and not get in trouble
I used to get in such trouble when I would wash my favorite pants...just to wear them again...all alone in the washer and dryer.  Ha.....adulthood!  I can always wear my good butt pants!
 
4.  You tell your kids that no matter what even as an adult you have a boss
Yeah....me!  I don't have to clean my plate to get dessert, I can pretend to be sick and stay in bed all day and make them bring me everything I need.  I can pretend to be working on the computer on a deadline...when really...I am playing Bejeweled!

5.  You can stay up late or sleep in late
This does take finesse but as long as the other parent takes over or....you have a teenager that owes you money  :)  You can lay in bed as long as you want!

6.  You never have to be a teenager again!
Sure with age, you get pimples again but now you know how to wash your face and can afford to buy expensive anti-pimple cream.  Yes, there is hormone drama....but, one statement of....Hot Flash or  Menopause and they run!


Yep....being an adult is good!

6 comments:

Jerralea said...

I went with being able to eat what I want, too. Of course, there is a price to pay ...

Jamie Miles said...

I like that -- running with dishwasher without it being slammed or washing just a few articles of clothes.

Unknown said...

I love your list. I wrote one too...

Being an adult rocks!!

Spreading Love a la MamaKats!

Blissful Growing,

Nicki G. The Blissful Wife
www.blissfulvida.com

Raine said...

great list! especially sleeping in late. I forgot that one :D

master bedroom ideas said...

Hello
The days and nights of a VERY busy Mom
I adore this writing. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important.

Karen and Gerard said...

I like you list best so far! I'd say the best thing about being an adult is the freedom to make decisions for myself.