Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

things I have built, painted or made! Yes, I am that kind of Mom!

I am reposting is on TipJunkie because I love this blog!

Tip Junkie handmade projects

OK...after my hubby died and I became just a stay at home Mom.....I was crazed for something to do.  I was broken...on the verge of insanity....and had little money.

And my daughter was little so, I had to keep up appearances...and not just fall off the edge of the Earth.  I had to be productive!

So, every day we were out of the house by 9am.  Everyday!

We shopped, went to the park, hung out at my Moms house....window shopped, hung out at my mother-in-laws house.

So, I needed something to do.

I got the creative bug!

Here are some of my projects!

Statue of Liberty for the 2002 Mother Lode Round Up Parade...and yes, we won a ribbon!


A Cassie the Dragon from Dragon Tales costume.  The only pink fabric I had was a chenille bedspread.  Oh, this was an adorable costume!  Sophie was only impressed for about a day.  Never wore it again.



I started a soap company...and made soaps & salves.  My stuff was awesome!  And they won the top ribbons!

I also was a fanatic at painting!  If it didn't move...I painted it!  Sophie's bedroom furniture.









I also found out that chairs are cheap....and everybody can use one.  So...painting chairs I did!

Oh, I loved this chair!  I gave it to Debi for her birthday!

The Cherry Chair.  I made it for my sister-in-law

The seat of this chair...was made with old belts.  Cool huh?

This was made for Chris, Sophie's daycare provider.  She loved ME!  And had a playhouse built in her backyard for the girls....I decorated it all ME.



this one I made for my Aunt.

this one won a ribbon!  I made it for my cousin.
Sophie's 5th grade science project!  I did pretty good!

No comments: