Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

this is what the economy has done to us

I know it is petty..................very petty.

And there are people going homeless.  People have lost their jobs and don't know how they are going to feed their children.

I have been there....really.

I know this is going to sound so very petty!

But, this is my built in microwave oven.
Do you see how it is open???
Yep...that is scotch tape.

A couple of months ago.....I heard a bizarre noise in my kitchen.  It took me a while to figure out where it was coming from.

It was the turntable in the microwave oven.  As long as the door is closed....it turns...for no reason.  It just turns.

I have very good hearing...so, once I found the noise...I could not let it just continue.  So, I left the door open.  Then Mr. Man comes a long with the total fix for my problem!
Tape!

I would have thought....a new microwave.  Nope....tape.

I was disgusted.  Because at the same time that he installed tape on the microwave....I had an extension cord running from the garage into the house lying on the floor for the garbage disposal.  Why you ask????

Well, we had a power surge and the electricity breaker was flipped to the outlet that services the garbage disposal and neither one of could remember just how to get it back on.  Now, we are not stupid people but....our house was once owned by a contractor.  A special contractor.  So, things are strange.

And while I had both of these going on....I also have a bucket under the sink to catch the drips from the leaking garbage disposal.

Horrifying!

When I had the summer meeting of the PTO at my house...I told my husband if just one of those women saw the status of my kitchen...I would hang him by the balls.

Did I just say this has been going on since summer????

Yes, I did!

I have tolerated this for months.

I have laughed at it because well......it is laughable!

Both Hubby & daughter think that when the sticky wears off of one piece of tape...instead of replacing the tape....they add an extension.  For almost a week...the extension was also holding a piece of my daughter's long brown hair.  Never bothered anyone else....but sure did me!

So, economy please pick up.

Hubby will not by a new microwave while this one still works.

Oh, and did I tell you that when you use the number 3....the lights flash???

Oh, and today was Black Friday.  And did you know that the microwave was marked 1/2 price????
black friday 2 day specials - shop now

Kenmore 30" Microhood Combination, White (Model 8503)

Sears Item# 02285032000 | Model# 8503
Reg Price: $239.99
Savings: $120.00
$119.99
Sold by Sears
Additional colors

OK....this was a bitch...I know.  Do I want it for Christmas???  Hell NO!  But, I do want it.

Husbands.................grrr!

No comments: