Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

summer rambling

  • I hate humidity
  • how people in the Southern states deal with it....I applaud you!
  • Couponing is becoming an addiction!
  • I had to clean out my linen closet to empty a shelf to start storing items
  • Thanks Sophie for helping!
  • next...tackling the laundry room/storage room
  • our laundry room has a ton of shelves
  • that truly are wasted.
  • but....now, I need to get them organized and things tossed
  • to make room!
  • If Hubby had his way.....nothing would ever get stacked
  • He believes everything should stand by itself.
  • and...he saves everything!
  • even if its broken.
  • he also is addicted to kitchen appliances
  • he doesn't cook
  • so, organize!
  • he also has built an extra rod to hang his clothing....in this room
  • he does have more clothes than I do
  • he blames having to wear a uniform everyday
  • no comment here
  • except I think that is BS
  • OK...so, I do have the death box in the room.
  • I haven't gone thru it in a long time
  • its been years
  • and stuff from Sophie's childhood  :)
  • Oh...I better get it worked on before Sophie starts back to school 
  • in 14 days!
  • shopping yesterday was not bad....
  • not great either but not bad!
  • she ended up getting 2 pair of jeans and since they had no more in the brand she finally liked
  • I ordered another pair online
  • so, 3 pair
  • I love Kohls...bought the 3rd with Kohl's cash
  • it even covered the shipping!
  • YES!
  • bought some school supplies but am not really sure what she will need in high school.
  • we had a talk about high school again.
  • I am so lucky that she knows and is mature enough that most of my fear is not about her
  • its about me
  • high school was not a fun part of my life
  • I went to a different high school every year
  • and my Senior year...she moved me to an entire different state
  • step-dad used to sign me out of school
  • he worked up the street from this school.
  • they weren't even married at this time
  • He convinced Mom that I was such a mess that he needed to watch over me
  • he liked his afternoon delight
  • and there was nothing I could do
  • when I told the school
  • they didn't believe me
  • nope...high school was not a fun place
  • no where to hide and no one to trust
  • no protection at all
  • things will be different for Sophie
  • I may have to run around in circles to get to where everyone else is 
  • in knowing the basics
  • but, no one is faster figuring it all out than me  :)
  • high school.....
  • Sophie would so do better in a home school situation
  • she would be a Junior by now
  • educationally
  • but......I would never, ever let her go
  • we BOTH know that
  • so, Sophie gets to go to school
  • but we have come to an agreement about the first day
  • Freshman orientation  :)
  • I get to drive her to school!
  • I remember her telling me that I could follow her around all day
  • she claims that I am delusional
  • we will see  :)
  • I wonder if I could install spy cameras around the high school????
  • I would open them up to any parent.......
  • of girls
  • my cameras would have a dart gun attached
  • that would shoot darts at boys...that look at my daughter
  • they would NOT die
  • NEVER!
  • just have pain....and associate it that pain with looking or talking to my daughter
  • simple
  • ah....I love to dream.
  • I told Sophie if she would just let me on the campus for the one day.....
  • I would scare the crap outta every boy....
  • and if you know me......you know I can be damned scary!
  • Sophie just came in my room
  • she is scared about high school
  • me too
  • she is going to be fine
  • me too
  • because she knows......if she comes home and wants to never go back and wants to be home schooled by me
  • I will march her butt back to high school!
  • oh...the emotions that are sitting on my heart.
  • scary
  • happy
  • parenting is not for the weak!
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: