Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Community Supported Agriculture...and me :)

I am not a health nut!
LOL
OMG!
No way!

But, I know I can do better with what I serve my family...and me!

I had been talking and thinking about utilizing a CSA...and searched them out.

Then forgot.

Then talked about it again.

This is where having a crippled hubby worked for a good thing............we talked about it.  He looked it up on the computer...right there and then!  Well...because since he got hurt...the computer is now a living room fixture.

So, I looked at it...chose a type of box...and woo hoo!  They take PayPal!

Today was my first delivery.

I was very excited!  And nervous too.  I am not an adventurous eater....and so neither are my kids.

I worried I might get something really weird that I just couldn't eat.

So, I pick up my box...and am excited!

What could be in there  :)



We pay $25 for what they call a mini - they describe it like........Bi-weekly deliveries through the fall/winter and spring (October through June)

The mini is designed with a single person in mind or couples that lead busy lives and are not always at home to cook every night. We have sized the mini to include a little of everything: vegetables, greens, fruits and roots. You can expect to receive at least half of the amount of a Basic and half the amount of the Fruit and Storage Option.

You can expect to eat a full range of seasonal vegetables, fruits and roots, from tomatoes to broccoli, bell peppers to artichokes; asian pears to oranges, kiwi to strawberries; onions to sweet potatoes and turnips to carrots.

I felt it was like Christmas....with all of the yummy stuff we had
There was carrots, artichokes, asparagus, chard, fancy greens, spinach, purple onions, sweet potatoes, potatoes, oranges, apples, pears & lemons.

Very excited!

No comments: