Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

a thought about "Bridesmaids" the movie

I took my daughter to see the movie "Bridesmaids" today.

I laughed so hard...I snorted!

I loved the movie because it really got close to home and was a good example for my daughter.

Not one actress in the movie was a supermodel.  Yes...some were super skinny but they were a mess.  Everyone of them had a problem.

They weren't just pretty and skinny.

And the one that was gorgeous & skinny.....was so lonely she had to buy her friends.

And the one that was the most hysterical but most screwed up...kind of...was the fat chick.  And in the end...it was her that had the answer.  It's not about how you look....it's what you do with it and the confidence to carry it off.

OMG!  I loved that movie!

I have always been a fan of Melissa McCarthy.  She is hysterical!

We all have things we hate about ourselves.  But, we all are people....all flawed and trying to live our life the best we can.

It's always easy to look on the other side of the fence and say...wow, they have it all and I don't.  Until you walk in their shoes.

I tell my daughter this all of the time.  I have had some really horrible things happen to me in my life.  Raped, molested, abused, dead son....and dead hubby.  But, you know what?????  If I put my problems out on a table and you put yours out there....I would not trade!

I got the cards I was dealt.  I am playing those cards....good, bad or indifferent.

My life shaped me into the person I am.  And I like who I am.

Live your life.  And don't think others can tell you how to do it.  They can't.  No one has the answers.  Everyone has their messes in life and who's to say they have the answers for you.  You are the only one in your life.  Don't let others tell you want to do....make your own choices.

And one thing my daughter and I agree on.  Skinny people.

We know some are just born that way....others think they HAVE to be that way.  Skinny people have sharp edges.....chunky people don't.  We are soft and cushy.  We are a soft place to land.  We may not be pretty in tank top or bathing suits.....but, because of the crap we have taken from boys, so called friends and bullies....we got good hearts.

Think about this little tirade.  And go see Bridesmaids!

No comments: