I have been lucky in this past 12 to 15 months and not really had a lot of bad days.
I did before....a lifetime of them.
I was raised in a very dysfunctional family.
- Parents divorced when I was 9
- oldest of 3 kids
- Mom married the first guy that said he would move her out of the small homey town we lived in
- moved us to Las Vegas
- you can't imagine the shock!
- Step-dad turned out to be a molester
- Mom only married molester for personal gain
- didn't care what was happening at home.
- She was busy with other boyfriends and her life.
- I was responsible for the house, the boys, and my step-dad.
- She left him every May
- and returned every August
- sometimes we moved with her
- sometimes she left us behind
- when she finally left him for good
- there were times we didn't know where she was
- lots of different men came thru our house
- we were raised in chaos
- Mom drank
- natural father didn't care about me because I was a girl
- he focused on my brothers
- they both turned out to be drunks and drug addicts
- both served time in jail and prison
- life was something to survive
- not learn to be an independent person
- but, to make it from minute to minute
- keep head low
- do whatever you are told
- and when you cry....know that no one cares
I stood up for myself and my daughters.
It was same ol', same ol'...like my whole life.
I finally said no! No to that crap. No to my Mom. No, to just surviving!
While trying to get across to my Mom that this was unacceptable and as long as she did not stand up for me and my family.....I could not carry on a relationship with her. Not that I asked her to leave my step-Dad....I just can have him around me or my family and children. This went on for several weeks...her telling me I was crazy...me telling her that I am done acting like nothing is going on.
This crap will never happen to MY DAUGHTER!
Because my Mom is the center of her world...and she thinks everyone else's. She pleaded with my Hubby to make him see that I was crazy. She went to my daughter-in-law and step-daughter to get me to change my mind. She was pretty pathetic...telling people that I was lying, should be examined and as usual, I was lying and doing this only to hurt her..
She left a package of crap she bought at a yard sale. Projects that she said she was saving to do with Nash...her favorite child of mine. Favorite because he looks just like her favorite child...my brother, Ricky. The box and letter were not addressed to me but to Hubby and Nash. It was a letter telling them I was pathetic and ruining their lives and as well hers....I was worthless. And to never let me read the letter.
I am blessed to have a WONDERFUL Hubby.
I read her letter.........and I have never, ever really let loose all of the emotion I have held on to in my life. It was a guttural scream that I could not stop. I fell to the floor and groaned, cried, hyperventilated....until I couldn't speak or move anymore.
My hubby picked me up and put me to bed. I slept for days.
I went to therapy and dealt with my past. I still have things come up and smack me. I know....my point of reference is not like others that came from a more normal life. Sometimes...I just don't know or understand things. I do my best.
This was the beginning of the end of my bad days.
It took many months to recover from that....ok...I know I am not recovered but I am working on it. And better for the time I spent in therapy. And am still working on myself.