Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

a poem for many thoughts

For the last couple of years...you know I have been dealing with my past demons.  I bought this book called "The Bounce Back Book".  I keep it in the bathroom...as that seems to be the place as a Mom that I can sometimes have peace...only when I lock the door.  So, I read this poem a lot.

I like it because it tells me to appreciate everything...the good and the bad because they both can bring about something new and wonderful...or a new way to look at things.  Anyway...if you ever need a new perspective...read this.


Guest House by Rumi

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
Some momentary awareness comes
As an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they’re a crowd of sorrows,
Who violently sweep your house
Empty of its furniture,
Still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
For some new delight.

1 comment:

Em @ Inspired Coincidences said...

what a great poem, thank you for sharing!