Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

falling in a puddle...when you are older....JUST DON'T!

OK....yesterday....I was in a hurry to get out of the van during a storm.

I had my hands full of things that had to get in the house....and Nash. 

Who...when he wants....can move like his butt is on fire.  But, when it's raining.....he is a snail!

And he does not think he can carry more than 1 thing...and that is really asking a lot from him.

So, I get him out of the Van.....my arms are full.

And I stopped by Starbuck's...so, I have a nice venti black iced tea no sweetener in hand.

Our driveway...is steep.

I step...half of my foot on the sidewalk...half not.  My ankle weakens.......#$%*!

I save myself...for only a nano-second.

Then down I go..........front first.

Into a puddle of VERY COLD rain & mud. 

When I land....of course my purse explodes.  My Starbuck's...to laugh at me.  Hits the ground, bounces up...in tact....and comes right for me!  #$%*!  Not, it does not survive...and mockingly.......gets mainly on me.  Yep, it was very icey.

Nash of course...is speedy now...and from the porch yells out for me to hurry.

@#$&!

I get myself up...and think.  Wow, I am soaked but other than my left hand scratched up....I am ok.

I pick myself up....look around for any watchers...and bolt into the house.

I am walking slowly....'cuz I am drenched!

I leave my shoes at the door...and slowly walk into the house.

Sophie greets me.  Oh ya...today...are you kidding me!

She asks, Mom...are you ok?  I look at her...stupified.

Ok...the house is kind of dark.

I slowly walk into the kitchen and turn on the light.

Oh, she can laugh....but then....if it were the other way around....I would be in hysterics too  :)

I felt fine yesterday.

This morning, I wake up...thinking....OMG!  Did someone beat me up while I was sleeping?  I take some ibuprofen and go back to bed. 

I have suffered all day....really!  Laughing...HURTS!  My hands....HURT!  My back??  HURTS!  my knees...HURT!

I am living on ibuprofen today.  It's not helping.  I HURT!

And wouldn't you know....not one mark!  Not one...to point to and say...look at my boo boo!

@#$&!  *&^%$#@! 

I am going to bed....

No comments: